James McKay Associates
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SERVICES
By placing an order with us, you have entered into a legal contract. Placement of any order
implies full acceptance of our Standard Terms & Conditions(i.e. this document).
Once a booking is confirmed, a deposit will be required, with the balance being due on or before
the first day of the event, or at a date stipulated in our correspondence, which will form part of
Should we incur any additional costs (e.g. congestion charges, toll charges etc.) as a direct result
of performing our contractual duties, we reserve the right to pass on these costs to the client.
Where the deposit or the balance of our fees is not paid on or before the date due, we reserve the
right to cancel the agreement; in all such cases, monies owing will be payable in full, with
Where payment is late, for any reason whatsoever, the following shall apply:
- If payment is not received by the due date, interest will be charged at 10% above the
Bank of England base rate, per month or part thereof.
- If payment is not received by the due date, an administrative charge of £50 will be made.
- In addition, a further £35 will be charged for each communiqué (e.g. letter, e-mail, phone
call etc.) after our “Overdue” notice has been issued.
- For all such actions, all expenses incurred as part of the recovery of the owed amount, e.g.
postage, phone calls etc., will also be charged.
- Where payment is still not forthcoming, court proceedings will be inaugurated (with no
further warning), with the costs of suchaction being recovered from you/your
If, for any reason, we cannot meet our contractual commitment, there shall be no
liability on us, save that of the waiving of our fees.
Due to the vagaries of working with animals, we cannot guarantee the appearance of any
specific animal(s); the non-appearance of any such animal(s) shall not be deemed as a
failure to meet our contractual commitment.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
If any of our requirements - including payment terms, deposits etc. - as set out in o
correspondence with you or your appointed agent(s), are not met, we reserve the r
to perform. In all such cases, our fees will be payable in full.
HEALTH & SAFETY
If any potential/actual H&S problem(s) make it (potentially) dangerous for us to pe
contractual duties (in our opinion), we reserve the right to refuse to perform. Jame
be the final arbiter in this matter. In all such cases, all fees will be payable in full.
Any variation from the original booking shall be deemed as a cancellation. Where bookings for
services are cancelled for any reason whatsoever, the following shall apply (except where other
conditions have been agreed in writing); deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellation within 9 – 12 months ofdate of event - 0% of fee payable
- Cancellation within 6 – 9 months of date of event - 25% of fee payable
- Cancellation within 3 – 6 months of date of event - 50% of fee payable
- Cancellation within less than 3 months of date of event - 100% of fee payable
Where travel expenses etc. have been incurred, these will be payable at the rate quoted.
All fees quoted will be subject to the addition of VAT, at the rate obtaining on the date of